So often we say that we’ll start eating healthier but take no action in doing so. Some of us say it’s too expensive without giving it an honest try. Or we put no effort into our healthy goals but still expect it to magically happen. For me, anything worth working hard for must be a good thing. Some days, I may not have it all together and get sidetracked because I’m unable to afford healthier options on my tight budget. Or it's that time of the month and I really just want cookies for breakfast or maybe I forgot my lunch and I have to succumb to the unhealthy foods in the neighborhood. But it’s ok because every day is a new day and I get to start it however I choose to and so can you. So I gathered a few tips that help me stay on track or get back on track.
1. Preparation is always a great way to start off on the right foot. When getting ready to go grocery shopping, make a list of the items you need before you get there. A list keeps you focused on not only what you came for but to prevent you from spending on the items you don't need.
2. Look over the circulars for the markets you’ll visit, this will help you know what’s on sale and gives you time to clip some coupons. You can't lose when your saving money.
3. Buy pantry items in bulk. Items like rice, pasta, flour, canned tomato’s and dry beans should always be on hand in your kitchen. If you have things in your pantry, it’ll keep you from ordering take out.
4. Cooking! The benefits of cooking your own meals are priceless. So priceless that it’ll save you so much money and your food will always be healthier than your local fast food restaurant. Cooking also encourages and furthers your goal of creating that healthy lifestyle you yearn for. You’ll learn more about foods and appreciate it a whole lot more. So will your family!
5. You haven’t been to the gym in over a week? Just start over. So what if I had a turkey burger with fries! Don’t get to crazy, one step at a time. It’s a health journey not a destination.
I’d love to hear what you all have to say on track with your goals. Don’t forget to comment below.